Saturday, March 15, 2008

Proto-Gospel

The word Gospel translates to mean “good news”. The essence of the good news of Yeshua is simply love. But not just a philios (brotherly) love but a deeper agape (unconditional love) as a parent would implement with their child. Yeshua clearly stated: You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind” (Matthew 22:37)

I believe that love is key, an essential fragment that needs to be implemented in everything one does. In turn, because God has this unconditional love for each one of us; it will enable us to do the same for those around us. “God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him” (1John 4:16) Yeshua has shown me nothing but unconditional love and in doing so, I have been able to portray that love in everything I do. The love of Christ is embedded in my every thought, in all of my senses, all of my experiences and relationships. It is important to stress the love of thy neighbor, which was Yeshua’s second new found commandment, You shall love your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:38). Which in turn further clarifies: "If you love me, you will keep my commandments (John 14:15).

Love is “divine” because it comes from God and unites us to God; through this unifying process it makes us a “we” which transcends our divisions and makes us one, until in the end God is “all in all” (Deus Caritas Est 18)

No comments: