Wednesday, September 12, 2007

WHO AM I? Evngelist Dorinda Hicks

(Forwarded by Ivonne)

Who am I? This is a question we should ask ourselves from time to time. I am not the same person I was a year ago. I am not the same person I was before I dedicated my life to God. With each day of life, our circumstances and life experiences help us to answer that question. Many times we answer this question by what we did in our past or for some of us what we are still doing.
Some of us value who we are by what type of job we have, or by how much money we have. But let us look deeper than just our occupations to answer this question. Let us check on ourselves, inside ourselves.

Who am I? I did not always like the answer that came with that question. Ok, facts, I have not always liked the person I was. I had a lot of issues. I was tore up from the floor up and believe it or not that is the time in my life I really thought I had it going on. I was sadly mistaken. I am not perfect today, but I thank God today, to want to know the things about myself that are not like Him that need to go. Do I like it? Not always, but for me to get closer to Him, there are some things about me that need to check out.

There is a side of all of us, that we do not want no one else to know about. It is usually that side of you, that needs to go. We all have issues. The person who thinks they do not have one has one. PRIDE! We do not have to think low of ourselves but the Word tells us not to think to highly of ourselves. As long as we got breathe to breath there is hope. You may be one of those lucky people who feel you do not have issues, but as long as you live on this earth with imperfect people, you will be challenged. Do you always hold your cool? Do you always answer everybody with a sweet, happy response? I'm just checking! People make life hard sometimes. It is hard to love the unlovable, but guess what, we are called to do it. Can it be done? Yes! Will it always be an easy task? No! But in this, try to see God in everything you do. He is teaching you patience. So was that journey in vain? No! If you learned something, then you have something under your belt to take with you to the next level in God. You have another tool to help you with the next unlovable person that will cross your path, and believe me someone else will cross your path.

When I think about who I am, I think about who I use to be. Thank God that when we give our lives to him, we become new creatures. I will never forget where I came from, but I no longer dwell there. Today, realizing that God had a plan for me, and once I got back on track with God, the plan was reactivated. More important today, is not who I am, but who God says I am. I know I am a child of God. I know I am more than a conqueror. I know that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I know that no weapon formed against me will prosper. I know that God has a plan for my life. I know today that I am walking in the purpose and destiny that God ordained for me.

Nothing happens by chance. There is not anyone who crosses your path for no reason. It is up to us to find out what part in your life they are to play. Is your secret more important than helping someone else walk in their deliverance? If we choose to hide behind our scars, or keep them to ourself, it may be a soul that you can help by just telling your story that will not get helped. You may be the one chosen to give them a smile today. You may be the one chosen to encourage them today. You may be the one chosen to help them lift their head up today. We never know what others are going through. We have our sister and brothers medicine, but will we share what we have? We all have some skeletons in our closets. I made choices in my life that I am not proud of, but I thank God today for just being God. Because of his grace and mercy I am still here. He saved me and I have a chance today to make better choices. The same things in my life that once had me so bound, were stepping stones to get me to where I am today. It is because of my past, I have such a passion for my relationship with God. It means so much to me to know that through it all, God loved me when I did not love myself. That through it all, He never left me or forsaked me. That through it all, He gave me his grace and mercy and not the justice that I so deserved. That is why I love God with all my heart and soul.

Today, I challenge you to check on yourself. Who are you? Who does God say you are? Are you walking in your purpose? If not then why not? There is so much work to do for the kingdom. We have to get in our places. There is a God sized assignment for each of us that was chosen for us before the beginning of time. Everybody is not a preacher, but we are all teachers. We teach by example. Someone is always watching you. What type of standards are you living by? We are to represent Jesus Christ? What type of representative are you? Who we are in God is awesome! It is better than any job description I could ever give you!

You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 1 Peter 2:9 (NIV)

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10 (NIV)

No comments: